Monday 29 August 2011

Perseverance

Someone asked me why I keep submitting to an ezine that always rejects my work - doesn't it hurt? Don't I feel embittered towards them? Don't I lose confidence?


Well, maybe it hurts initially for a minute or so, but isn't that a natural human reaction? 


The stories I like to write are similar to the stories I like to read, and I really like the stories in this ezine! Even if they don't accept my work, I know I'm in for a treat when I read the stories they do decide to publish. And when I read them carefully, I should be able to get an idea of why my story wasn't up to scratch. I can then make sure any future work I wish to submit is more to their taste in terms of characterisation, voice or point of view. 


So, yes, it may get me down a little bit, but I like to think there's always a way to make the best out of a bad situation. And one day, with perseverance, hopefully I'll make the grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment