Sunday 11 September 2016

Terri Windling's Tolkien Lecture

After my last post I thought it would be a good time to share Terri Windling's incredible talk for the fourth annual Tolkien lecture - although I'm sure many of you will have seen it already! 

She delivered her lecture at Pembroke college earlier this year and used the platform to discuss the state of fantasy literature today, focussing in particular on the lack of connection modern works, and modern people, forge with the land. Her words deeply resonated with me; the books I sought out as a child, the ones I seek out now and much of the writing I produce “behind the scenes”, if not in public, seeks this essence of connection to place. I could try to explain further, but I’m sure you would much prefer to hear Terri’s incredible lecture yourselves:


Please don't forget to treat yourselves with a visit to Terri's blog, Myth & Moor!

6 comments:

  1. Its so interesting. I like to read this.
    Thanks for sharing,
    12th NIOS Admission

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are providing online support to the customers. If you want support from the expert's to your problem, you can click on the link.
    Norton.com/setup
    Norton.com/setup
    Norton.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

  3. Norton account, click Create account and finish the sign up process, In the Norton Setup window, click norton.com/arrangement Enter a New Product Key.
    Norton.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  4. The post is written in a very good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I appreciated what you have done here.
    Best seo services

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have extra queries about FuboTV, we are continually pleased to help. We be aware of how elaborate it can be for you to step into the new technology of TV streaming services. One of the great aspects of FuboTV is the alternative of streaming channels on a couple of devices, which includes HDTV/Smart TV. fubo.tv/Activate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fubo TV’s complete collection of channels isn’t included on any other streaming service. However, you can find some FuboTV content on other platforms. So, depending on the content you want to watch, it might work out cheaper for you to subscribe to a different streaming service that has the FuboTV channels you want to watch.
    How to Watch live tv on FuboTv

    ReplyDelete